Monday, January 30, 2006

updating a dictionary...
I have been spending many hours updating Hackers Hits and Chats, a dictionary I created probably about five years ago when one was needed. Updating it has become a rather large project, but it is necessary as I prepare for class in about a week. I am planning to use the dictionary as a core component of knowledge for the class.

I was thinking of ditching it entirely and going with Wikipedia but I think there is something to be had by having a 'container /wrapper' around the content you need your students to know. So instead I linked each of my definitions to wikipedia's definition for further exploration. I actually think this works quite well.

There are a number of times that I cite companies and people. I am now conflicted on whether I should link these to their own sites (here is the entity); to their wikipedia entry (here is information about the entity); or to both.

Any ideas / feedback ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home