Sunday, October 16, 2005

Skypecasting ?
Having explored the idea of using Skype to bring internet people to my class (I have a pretty good line up scheduled for the remainder of the class) ... I am now thinking that if I can record these calls they could then be 'podcasted' ... How cool could that be ? Seems Skype does not have an easy solution for recording, unlike Gizmo, but since Skype is the current 'standard' I'll have to find a solution that works with Skype. This is all pretty new to me, but I have until wednesday to figure it out :) Thanks Dave for getting me to think of Skype to bring in guest speakers, and then to consider recording the sessions.

I found this link to get me started.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fembat said...

Hi Al, Been trying to get in touch regarding status and progress on css & template design etc, but dont know whether college are blocking the emails I am sending from personal accounts. Have set a few today, E

7:06 AM  
Blogger Fembat said...

oooh I was just looking through each of the students templates and had an idea - have you decided whether to give special commendations for best use of tutorial and strongest amended design etc? Just a thought! You could have a judging panel - might encourage them all to experiment a little more and familiarise themselves with the template code

7:16 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

yes, that sounds interesting. I cannot offer a prize in terms of credit for the class (too much of that offered already) ... so have to come up with a different prize. any ideas ? perhaps an amazon book voucher or something ?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Fembat said...

I would suggest an amazon book voucher if you can- would offer the greatest inducement for them to experiment.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Fembat said...

Just one more thing, Can I be on the judging panel? ;-)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

sure! i need to find one or two others. any ideas ?

6:29 AM  
Blogger Fembat said...

I could persuade a friend of mine to partake if thats any help?

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home