Saturday, August 27, 2005

a new wiki is born ...
As part of my class this semester we are going to use a wiki to create an environment for students to post articles that relate to the chapter materials etc. I have signed up for an account on jot and have created http://buad47705fall.jot.com. Classes begin wednesday of next week, so I have a couple of days to play around with this environment, learn it, and determine the specifics of the student team project (individual projects for students includes creating their own blog).

So far what have I learned ? Wikis are pretty cool for sure. I have just added feeds to the two pages I have created thus far to my bloglines account, so the management of watching out for updates seems similar to blogs, which is very cool. The version control system looks pretty slick too. I can see when pages were last updated, compare versions etc. This should enable me to see which students contributed what to a content area. Of course I will learn more about this as students start contributing to the project.

Anyway, so far, I am pretty excited!

4 Comments:

Blogger Fembat said...

Hows the wiki project going?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

the wiki project has not yet begun, i plan on covering the expectations of the projectv wednesday of next week and the first wiki entry is due of each student the following wednesday. i am still finalising the project, and need to read moree about wikis before next wednesday to get this clear. i am excited to see how it works.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Fembat said...

Alex, are you getting any of my emails? It seems we keep missing each other online, although this is partly because our schedules seem to be pretty hectic at the mo. Just wanted to know if you had received any of the info yet?

6:15 PM  
Blogger Chris Simmons said...

Speaking of Wikis...did you see this yet? It's a Katrina disaster wiki.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home